Message from the Emergency Swampcast System :
No need to go anywhere else to find The Daily News from All-over-the-World, Cooking Tips, Fashion Trends, Celebrity Buzz, Sports, and Plain 'Ole Non-Sense . . .
Look no further. You've found it !
Yes. Here you have it folks. The Daily News.
Or otherwise known as: "My Observations and 'Wonderings."
Or otherwise known as: "A Baker's Dozen with a Bonus."
2) Red soled shoes by Christian Louboutin (believe me, entering this website is entertaining in itself) are the rage. I've coveted them 'ever-since' I saw them on Oprah's feet. Once I checked the prices, I realized they cost more than my first house.
3) In the Celebrity Romance Department, what with Valentine's Day coming up and all, there's a rumor that Ken and Barbie will get-back-together. Just gotta love this clip:
4) On the Technology Side of the news, today we find Twelve Free iPhone Apps that Connect You to Museum Art (Clink this Link) At this point and time, my favorite App is Run Pee.
5) No Bieber Fever here. He's accustomed to the screams of adoring teens, but pop star Justin Bieber didn't quite get the same reception at the New York Knicks game. He was loudly booed by some basketball fans at Madison Square Garden.
6) U.S. Postal truck hating turkey adds a whole new dimenstion to Going Postal. In this case, we might say "Going Turkey." This gobbler has been vidoed attacing a mail truck on Cape Code. Ethel Kennedy's claim that it's a turkey that escaped from their compound is for the birds.
7) From Small Biz we get this news: Shrimp is now growing in the desert. If you check out THIS VIDEO, you'll have to watch a twenty second ad by UPS, but it's worth the wait.
8) Rain Rain Go Away Snow Snow Go Away is what most of this nation is singing these days. Did you know that two feet of snow on a normal-sized roof can weigh 38,000 pounds ? That's NINETEEN tons ! If you hear a 'creaking' sound coming from your ceiling . . . GET OUT ! Once you get outside, go buy a rook rake.
9) It wouldn't be the news without news about the Super Bowl. Do you watch the Super Bowl for the game, the commercials, the cheerleaders, the half-time show . . . or not at all ! Well, if you watch it for the cheerleaders, you're out of luck. Neither team has them. This video shows the ice sliding off Cowboy Stadium which injured six people.
10) OK. OK. So, it's a Baker's Dozen give or take a few. (I'm busy today. )
11) Here's your chance.
12) Add your very own news.
13) Just click comments and report it there.
Still, the situation in Egypt is the top news story. This photo was taken by a 'policeman' in a white uniform with a beret . . . accessorized with a machine gun. Tourists 'letting' him take this shot were expected to 'tip' him. Probably not a chance that any of us will be going to visit the Pyramids any time soon, but here were some tips given to us before stepping off the bus.
1) Don't let anyone hand you something saying, "My friend . . . a gift for you." Once you hold "the gift" it's yours and you'll be expected to pay for it.
2) Do not let anyone take their scarf and 'drape' it over your head.
3) If you choose to take a camel ride, be sure that the 'fee' is for a round trip. Once your camel takes you well into the desert, some camel owners require another, larger fee to bring you back.