Here is a quiz about the Statue of Liberty. I hope you have fun with it.
1) Point to the state where the Statue of Liberty is located.
2) Point to the state where you live.
3) What states would you travel through to get from your state to the statue's state ? What direction would you travel ?
When I was a kid, I could never figure out why Alaska was so hot and why it took so long to get to Hawaii. I mean, they're both just sound of CA, AZ, NM, and TX. Aren't they ?
4) This is a map of Europe.
Point to the country that gave the Statue of Liberty to the United States.
5) The Statue of Liberty is the universal symbol of _________________.
(Unscramble the answer: deerfom)
6) The framework of the Statue of Liberty's gigantic steel supports was designed by Eugene- Emmanuel Viollet-le-Duc and Alexandre-Gustave Eiffel, who is famous for his design of the _______ _______.
7) This famous tower is located in __________, _____________.
8) In May of 1884, the statue was completed but had to be dismantled and shipped by boat to the United States. What does dismantled mean ?
The green tarnish that forms on copper because of oxidation is called what ?
11) The Statue of Liberty is on an island. What is an island ?
12) What do tourists ride to get to the Statue of Liberty ?
13) The seven spikes on the crown of the statue represent the seven seas and seven continents of the world, according to the National Park Service.
Can you name the seven continents ? The letters are hints:
14) What continent do you live on ?
15) The Statue of Liberty holds a tablet in one hand and a ____________ in the other.
16) What do you like best about the Statue of Liberty ?
17) If you were going to ask a question about the Statue of Liberty, what would it be ?
18) Can you click on the link below ? You can check your answers there.
19) Find a sheet of paper and draw the Statue of Liberty.
20) If you will Facetime with me NOW, I'll send you a surprise.
I love you,