It has become apparent to me that:
With either a pulled muscle and/ or cartliage pulled away from a rib/OR perhaps having cracked a rib that:
1) coughing is almost next to impossible
2) sneezing is totally absolutely unequivocally without a doubt, out of the question
3) the word hiccup is no longer in my vocabulary and do not whisper the word around me
4) hollering for the dogs to come inside uses muscles in my rib-cage area I never realized were there.
5) people look at me as if I had two heads when they ask how me how I did ' it,' and I tell them I was coughing.
6) they would be more apt to believe me if I told them I was rappelling off a mountain side.
7 it's easier to use a candle snifter than trying to blow out the candles
8 it is easier to turn the steering wheel to the left than to the right
9 there is no way is it possible to vacumn . . . or dust. . . or change the sheets . . . or do the laundry . . .or basically do ANY type of housework
10) I won't being doing "PLANK" for awhile
11) using a heating pad at night masks the intensity of my hot flashes
12) slicing off part of my pointer finger tends to distract me from thinking about the pain in my side
13 ) my tetnus shot was up to date; that meant one less stick
14) I am obssessed with playing with the stitches that are protruding from that finger
15) they feel like those confused eyebrows that grow out of my chin
16) how much I use my left hand, especially the pointer finger on that hand
17) pain pills keep me awake all night
18) my heart now beats in the end of my finger
19) washing dishes is out of the question (the doctor said so for at least 24 hours 48 hours 1 week forever) (See #9)
20) it's foggy, raining, cold . . .the dogs have been fed . . . I'm going back to bed to read "Orange is the New Black" . . .