One of my long-time blogging friends is hosting this week...Dear Dear Robin. This gal has made me giggle and spew my morning coffee more times than I can count. She is a gifted writer who shares thought-provoking vignettes that I have copied to remind me about priorities. Her melt-away mints are scrump-delish-e-oso. Whenever I need a lift, I can always visit her place and find one there. (And, no, I'm not talking about a bra either.) Everytime I dig through my trash to recycle, I think of her. (S.P.E.A.R. Challenge 2006) Yes, she is the best trashy blogbud anyone could ask for. She celebrated her birthday yesterday. Happy Happy Birthday, Robin.
There is no doubt in my mind that someday we will meet.
Here's what she has to say about our challenge today:
Quotable quotes and words that inspire.
Perhaps it's due to the current series simmering in the ol' PENSIEVE...maybe it's because I'm inspired by the words of those much wiser than me...or I wonder if it's because I believe in the POWER of words (in keeping with my "image-bearer of God status", who also must believe in the power of words since He SPOKE the world into existence and inspired men to record His thoughts...).
Regardless of what motivated me to choose this for a theme, next week please share words that inspire and motivate you--brief or bloviatory, silly or serious, from great world leaders to last night's Comedy Central...from a Hallmark greeting card to your favorite book. Choose one, choose many; let the quotes stand on their own or tell where you first read or heard them and how they affected you. There's a lot of leeway with how this topic can be handled.
Did she just say, "bloviatory?" Where the heck is my dictionary ?
This was such a fun Fun Monday...I just couldn't stop myself. Here are just a few of mine that popped into my pointy little vacant head:
1) "What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say." (My thoughts when I listen to my FIL)
2) "Whatever you are willing to put up with is exactly what you will have." (In my first life)
3) No matter how flat you make a pancake, there are always two sides. (My side is the right side. Your side is the wrong side.)
4) Never hold your farts. They travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where $hi++y ideas come from. (Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.)
5) You cannot change that which you will not acknowledge. (Dr. Phil, to me, in my face)
6) You wouldn't worry so much about what people thought about you, if you knew how seldom they did. (Joe McGraw, to me, in my face)
7) "So, how's that working for you?" (When someone offers up their
8) "There are times in life when you just don't want to miss the opportunity to SHUT UP !" ( I so wish I could remember this one.)
9. "If you are 'barefooted', and you step in dog poo-poo, and it oozes between your toes, would you rather it be warm or cold ?" (Just wondering)
10) "AnodeMan will not be running the the Great Wall Marathon in the Tianjin Province because of the pollution." (FYI)
11)" Husbands are like fine wine. They get better with age." (That's why I locked AnodeMan in the cellar.)
12) "Where the he!! did all these friggin' Indians come from?" (What Custer probably thought)
13) "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes you time and it annoys the pig." (Robert Heinlein)
14) "If you can't make a mastake, you can't make anything." (Mom/Mrs. Winters)
15) "Why are you still reading ?" (Just wondering)
16) "If Swampy named the Seven Dwarfs...(why isn't it spelled Dwarves?)" Itchy, Bitchy, Sweaty, Sleepy, Bloated, Forgetful, Psycho
17) "In a motel bathroom, when I turn on the light, I don't want a stupid fan to come on, too. If I want the fan on, I'll turn it on." (One of my many
pet peeves psychotic things I hate)
18) "Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish,
and he will eat for a lifetime. sit in the boat and drink beer all day. ( Chinese Proverb George Carlin)
19) "Your optorectomy is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. to sever the nerve between your a$$hole and your eyeball to correct your $hi++y outlook on life." (What I would like to say to some people.)
20) "Why are eyebrows growing out of my chin ?" (What I ask everytime I look in the mirror)
21) "She has the IQ of Tickle Me Elmo." (What people probably think while I'm talking or reading what I've written)
22) "If you're going to draw on the wall, do it behind the couch...or tape a piece of paper over it so no one will notice." (Daughter #1)
23) "If you're going to cut your bangs off at the scalp, do it will the sharpest shears in the house. Then hide the evidence with a towel." (Daughter #2)
23) "The shortest distance between two points is a straight line." (learned in geometry)
24) "The longest distance between two points is a short cut." (learned while traveling with AnodeMan)
25) "I can learn more about a man in an hour of play than in a year of conversation." (Plato)
26) "Do not dwell on the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the most on the present moment." (Buddha)
27) "Children make your life important." (Erma Bombeck)
28) "Insanity is inherited. You get it from your kids." (Crazy person with children)
29) "Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate." (Someone who has a hit list)
30) "Health is the greatest gift. Contentment the greatest wealth. Faithfulness the best relationship." (Buddha)
31) Did you ever notice that the first piece of luggage on the carousel never belongs to anyone?" (Erma Bombeck)
32) Don't mix up your b's and d's and your p's and q's. (Me)
33) "Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity." (Kahlil Gibran)
34) "If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it." (A woman's rule of thumb)
35) "You can do anything with children if you only play with them." (Otto von Bismarck)
Thanks RobinRobinBoBobbinBananaFanaFoFobbinFeeFiFoFobin...Robin ! This was Fun !
Message from the Emergency Swampcast System:
It's a Party, Party, Party ! A Pampered Chef Party. And you might very well be a big winner !
Don't want to go to a party ? Well, here's a deal for you ! Just peruse this catalog, find something you want for yourself, or a gift for a friend, or a gift certificate...and e-mail me with your order. You'll be helping out this little gal at the same time. There will be much more information posted tomorrow, so come back and drool for a while.