This week's Funny Fun Monday is being hosted by Peter, the host
ess with the most ess. Holtie's House says this: "I want you to tell us your favorite joke and/or show us your favorite cartoon...Remember it's New Year's Eve and we feel like a good laugh before 2008 comes along and does its thing on us."
Well, I just couldn't end this year with a Fun Monday by following the rules, now could I ? For one thing, I'm not good at telling jokes. I get things out of order, I forget the punch line, and worst of all, I get tickled trying to tell the joke and leave those around me who are
listening suffering, wondering what the heck is so funny. For another thing, all my cartoons are at home, and I'm not, and I'm afraid to use one off the Internet, and I don't want to get into trouble by using something that's copyrighted, and I really don't like getting into trouble. (All you grammarticians get out your red marking pencils and tear into that run-on sentence.)
So, my Fun Monday is a request. My New Year's Resolution is to send all of you hand-made bedroom slippers this year. The request: Please send me your shoe size. You'll most likely agree that this is a splendid idea and should you wish to do the same, I have included the instructions below:
How to make bedroom slippers out of Maxi Pads:
1) You will need four Maxi Pads for each pair of slippers.
2) Two of them are laid flat for the bottom of the foot part.
3) The other two wrap around the toe part to form the top part.
4) Tape or glue each side of the top part pieces to the bottom part of the foot part.
5) Decorate the top parts with whatever you desire...silk flowers, valentines, jelly beans...or anything that is aesthetically appealing to the lucky recipient of this gift.
Hint: Do not assemble these on your feet by using a glue gun. The doctor says my blisters will heal in a few days.
1) are soft and hygenic
2) are safe because of the non-slip grip on the soles
3) keep feet fresh-smelling because of the built-in deodorant feature
4) eliminate the need to bend over to mop up spills
5) are disposable and biodegradable (see #6)
6) are environmentally safe (see #5)
7) come in three convenient sizes: light, regular, and get out the sand bags
Since they (whoever they
is are) say that a picture is worth a thousand words, here is an illustration to assist you in designing your very own Maxi Pad Slippers.
Even though this is NOT a joke or cartoon, maybe it will at least give you a 2008 giggle or three.
Remember, please let me know your shoe size and also, list any other features you can think of for this delightful footwear.