Well here goes with This-That-and-The Other:
Robin tagged me and gave me this "assignment."
Jobs I've had:
1) making Christmas bows for C&D Variety Store ($.50 hour)
2) sacking groceries and stocking shelves at College Grocery Store ($1.25 hour)
3) bookkeeper for Thompson Book Store ($1.35 hour)
4) teacher in Oklahoma and Colorado ($$ varied but sometimes could have qualified for
Movies I could watch again and again:
1) E.T. *
2) Holes * (Louis Sachar)
3) The Land Down Under*
4) Rabbit Proof Fence
* there is a discrepancy between my chronological age and developmental age
Places I have lived:
1) Antlers, Oklahoma
2) Hugo, Oklahoma
3) Durant, Oklahoma (pronounced DOO-rant if you're a local)
4) Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Quick story about Oklahoma told with a love for that state:
Without the panhandle, Oklahoma looks something like a rectangle.
Divide it into fourths.
Person in one quadrant calls his neighbor, "You alls cow is in my garden."
Person in next quadrant calls his neighbor, "Ya'lls cow is in my garden."
Person in third quadrant calls his neighbor, "You-en-zess (ya'll + 3) cow is in my garden."
Person where I'm from calls his neighbor, "I just shot your cow. . . come on over for B-B-Q)
Things I like to do:
1) spend time with my husband (What is this man doing? Hanstories), my family and friends
2) play tennis, play with Junior and Bubba, my Boxers
3) work outside
4) work with middle school children - learn new things - they teach me a lot
1) garlic cheese grits
2) black-eyed peas, turnip greens, cornbread (especially on January 1)
3) soups: Yucatan lime, posole, split-green pea, onion
4) peanut butter and banana sandwiches with cold milk
Places I would like to be right now:
1) anywhere with my husband, children, and grandchildren
2) at home with my husband, family, Junior, and Bubba, with friends
3) flying a jet*
4) singing at Carnegie Hall*
*I can't do either !
Websites I visit often:
1) anything that pertains to: evaporative (swamp) coolers, Indoor Air Quality, asthma, allergies
2) weather - at this time, it is snowing in the Rockies
3) breast cancer support groups
4) blogs (globs as I see it in my lysdexic world)
Places I've been:
1) New York City - Twin Towers - Windows on the World Restaurant
2) Washington, D.C.
3) Australia and New Zealand
4) Alaska: Aleutian Islands and Wiseman and points in between
1) Whatever you're willing to put up with is exactly what you will have.
2) "There are times in life when you just don't want to pass up a good opportunity to Shut Up."
3) My greatest fear is that there is no such thing as PMS and this is my real personality.
4) "So, how's that workin' for you?" ---Dr. Phil McGraw